Note: The following announcement was sent to the CSES email list. To receive notices like this one by email, please join the CSES email list using our convenient web form. Or, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you would like to join.
Note to Comparative Study of Electoral Systems (CSES) User Community
August 19, 2008
As you may know, the CSES Module 3 Planning Committee is completing its work, and it will be replaced by a new Planning Committee which will develop a fourth module. The new Module 4 Planning Committee will commence work in 2009 and continue for approximately five years. The fourth CSES module is scheduled to go into the field as early as 2011.
A Nominating Committee composed of Hans-Dieter Klingemann, Jacques Thomassen and myself has convened and nominated a new Module 4 Planning Committee. We are delighted that André Blais has agreed to be nominated as the Chair of the Module 4 Planning Committee. André will be known to all of you; he is a distinguished scholar of comparative electoral behaviour, and has had a long association with both the Canadian National Election Study and the CSES.
The CSES Module 4 Planning Committee as nominated is as follows.
- André Blais*, Université de Montréal, Canada (chair)
- David Howell*, University of Michigan, USA (ex-officio)
- Bernt Aardal*, University of Oslo, Norway
- Kees Aarts*, University of Twente, Netherlands
- John Aldrich*, Duke University, USA
- Ulises Beltrán*, Centro de Investigacion y Docencia Economica (CIDE), Mexico
- Goran Cular, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Rachel Gibson, Manchester University, UK
- Elisabeth Gidengil, McGill University, Canada
- Sara Hobolt, Oxford University, UK
- Ken'ichi Ikeda*, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Pedro Magalhaes, Lisbon University, Portugal
- Radoslaw Markowski*, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- David Sanders, Essex University, UK
- Nicolas Sauger, Sciences Po, France
- Michal Shamir*, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Jack Vowles*, University of Exeter, UK
- Bernhard Weßels*, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung (WZB), Germany
* Continuing members
These nominations will be presented to the user community for ratification at a Plenary Session of CSES Collaborators to be held in 2009, at a date and location to be decided. Additional nominations may be raised at the Plenary Session by CSES Collaborators that are in attendance.
I thank you for your continued support for the CSES.
Chair, CSES Module 3 Planning Committee